Welcome to the 2024 school year! This year, all PGCPS schools will continue to focus on three significant imperatives: school climate and culture, accelerating achievement in mathematics, and social-emotional learning/mental health.
The SY2024 theme at EXCEL Academy is “Transition and Transformation.” This year we lean into transition and the transformation it pushes us into as we do. This will be through the lens of transitioning into a new learning space and into transformative personal, academic, and professional habits.
ACTION ITEMS FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS:
- Register for our Hybrid Orientation, Open House, and Device Pickup on Friday, August 25th.
- Visit our website at www.excelacademypcs.org and click the “Back to School Updates” tab for detailed information on everything you need to know for #PGCPS1stDay.
- Complete the EXCEL Academy Emergency Form, and PGCPS Publicity Release Form, print them out, and either bring them with you when you come for your building tour or send them to school on the first day with each of your scholars.
- Follow our social media accounts on X and Instagram, EXCEL Academy Public Charter School on Facebook, and connect to our website at www.excelacademypcs.org.
- Join your scholar’s Class Dojo classes when you receive the invitation.
We look forward to developing great home-school relationships and partnering with you this school year!
LaTanya S. Sothern, M.A.T., N.B.C.T